Thanksgiving is just around the corner which means family, fun, and FOOD! In the next few weeks, we’re going to be offering you some delicious Thanksgiving recipes that are good for your taste buds AND your health! After all, eating healthy (even around the holidays!) doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice flavor! Here are some of our favorite NH-Approved Thanksgiving appetizer recipes!
Turkey Veggie Tray & Hummus
This adorable veggie tray is easy to make and totally customizable! Use carrots, pepper strips, broccoli, and mushrooms to create the turkey’s feathers, or substitute your own favorites like pea pods, cauliflower, cucumbers or zucchini! Add a bowl of hummus to the bottom of your platter and dress it up with a little face and wings! Your guests will GOBBLE up this delicious appetizer!
Chili-Garlic Glazed Butternut Squash
- ¼ cup oil
- juice from 1 large orange (1/3 cup)
- 2-4 drops liquid stevia
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ large or 1 small butternut squash, halved lengthwise, seeded and sliced ½ inch thick
- ½ habanero pepper, finely minced OR 2 teaspoons dried crushed red chilis
- 3 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- leaves from 3 sprigs fresh thyme or 1 tablespoon dried thyme, plus a little extra for garnish
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup raw sesame seeds
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk the oil, orange juice, stevia, and apple cider vinegar. Add the squash, peppers, garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper and toss to coast.
- Spread the squash in a single layer, spaced so the pieces are not touching each other. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Roast in the oven for 40 minutes, turning after 20 minutes until squash is tender and edges are caramelized and sesame seeds are toasted.
- Serve hot with a sprinkling of thyme.