Is there anything better than a holiday coffee treat?! If you’re looking to get your mint (and caffeine!) fix without all the calories, we’ve got the perfect recipe for you! This NH Approved drink can be served warm when you’re trying to escape the cold outside, or blended with ice to enjoy around a cozy fireplace!
- ⅔ cup brewed black coffee
- ⅔ cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 packets stevia
- ⅛ tsp peppermint extract
- Chocolate bits (optional)
WHIPPED COCONUT TOPPING (OPTIONAL)
- Place one can of Thai’s Kitchen Organic Coconut Milk in the fridge to chill overnight. The fat will float to the top!
- Scoop the creamy part out of the can and into a bowl.
- Whisk it together with some vanilla extract to make a paleo whipped cream.
- Brew coffee
- In a small pot, combine milk, cocoa, stevia and peppermint extract
- Bring to medium heat and allow to heat until the cocoa powder dissolves and the liquid becomes bubbly
- Transfer mixture to a blender or food processor and blend for 2-3 minutes until the mixture becomes frothy and foamy
- Pour the coffee into a mug and add the hot milk mixture over it.
- Add whipped coconut topping or chocolate bits if desired