This beef and broccoli takes just minutes to throw in the slow cooker. The beef melts in your mouth and the flavor is out of this world! Slow cooking beef is one of the best ways to get incredibly tender beef every time. It allows the fibers to break down tenderizing the meat. Adding sauces and flavorings and then slow cooking them over time infuses the meat with flavor.
This recipe can also be made ahead! Allow it to cool completely before storing and do not leave out at room temperature longer than 2 hours. It will keep well if properly stored in an airtight container for 2-4 days in the refrigerator or 2-4 months in the freezer. Truly one of our new favorite recipes!
– 1 1/2 pound beef chuck roast boneless, sliced into thin strips
– 1 cup beef broth
– 1/2 cup Bragg Live Food Products liquid aminos (or coconut aminos)
– 1 dropper of Sweet leaf stevia liquid
– 1 tbsp. sesame oil
– 3 garlic cloves minced
– 1/4 cup rice flour
– Frozen Broccoli Florets about 3 cups (or 14 oz bag)
– Banza chickpea rice
1. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the beef broth, liquid aminos, stevia, sesame oil, and garlic.
2. Lay the beef strips in the crockpot and pour the sauce over, tossing the strips to coat.
3. Turn the crockpot on low and cook for about 6 hours. You don’t want to cook the beef too long or it will start to shred.
4.About an hour before it is done, take ¼ cup of the sauce and whisk it in a small bowl with the rice flour. Slowly stir this into the crockpot. Add in the broccoli the last 30 minutes and let the broccoli cook through. You don’t want to add the broccoli until the very end or it will be mushy.
5. Serve over cooked Banza rice and enjoy!